Our address has stayed the same, but we have moved everything around.
We moved the guest beds out of the basement and into what used to be our bedroom
and moved our bedroom furniture upstairs
to what used to be the boys bedroom/playroom,
then we moved the bunkbeds downstairs to where we used to have the guest beds.
Alyssa's room stayed the same because it is perfect just where it is.
It has been a long time coming, but we finally got it all done and everyone is much happier now.
Heath and I have his and hers closets, and I even get a sweater closet.
Here is my vision for our room being upstairs now. One day we will knock out the walls up there and make it all opened up. We will put in an entirely new bathroom across the hall from where it is now. There will be the bedroom area, the bathroom area, the large walk-in closet, and the sitting area, but it will all be in a very large open floor plan. O.k. so words can't put into your minds the pictures that are in mine, so when it all gets done I will be sure to post pictures again. Just because I have vision doesn't mean that any of this will be done any time soon. First things first get past the holidays and the new year. Maybe after that get someone to come over and tell me if those walls are load bearing or not. Then demolition time. My prediction is that this time next year I will be posting those demolition pictures. So I say we moved because that is what our bodies have been telling us the past few days. It has been fun and just in time for our holiday company. There is still so much to be done, so be patient in the wait for more tales of the Goodson's household details



2 comments:
Looks good and sounds like the move will benifit everyone. I hope you do get to make the upstairs into a master suite for you and Heath to enjoy! I think you should make a no kid rule upstairs, but then again I like you kids so it would be hard to enforce the rule. Glad you got it done before the holidays now maybe you can relax after!
I think me an you are a lot a like. I am constanly telling Tarah what if we did this, or this. I think your plans will be really nice and add a lot of value to your home. Soon you will be yelling Bus Driver Move That Bus
Post a Comment