Back in November I posted a blog called "joy in giving," about the gifts that my children and I create every year for our family. As I said this year was exceptionally exciting. My family asked that we do this particular gift every year. I don't know if we can do that, but I have about 10 months to think about it. What is this incredible gift you ask?
My boys wrote a story about each family member and I illustrated them with pictures that we already had and them had them bound. Each of the kids also drew a picture to go at the end of the book so that everyone could see how artistic they are. Alyssa had fun when I was tracing her hands and feet for her picture and then she scribbled a bit on it too.
In the slide show below you will see each of the families reading their books. But we were unfortunatley unable to be with my dad and my older sister for Christmas so theirs were sent to them. There are anywhere from 13 to 18 pages in each book, putting our book at 170 pages. Everyone has said that they loved them. Karston and Josiah were also pleased with how the books turned out, but were so proud of themselves to be able to give everyone a gift that they had created themselves. May my children always know from experience the "joy in giving."
Wednesday, January 2
follow up on "joy in giving"
Posted by Reese at 1:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I just read "The Brace Prince" to Jericho the other day and it was the first book she sat still for the whole thing. She loved it as much as we did! Thanks again.
Post a Comment