Last night Josiah went to "Buddy night" at his best friends Karate class. He had so much fun learning different kicks and techniques. They also played some games that he loved. They played a relay game in which they had to run to the first cone and do jumping jacks, the second cone and do push ups, and the third cone and do a dance move. This particular class was kids ages 5 to 8 years old and it was just hysterical. Every kid made up their own dance move and every one of them were different. Some 5 and 6 year olds were doing the chicken dance and some just did their own interpretation of dance. I was already laughing when it came to Josiah's turn. He went to the first cone and did what he thought was jumping jacks. Some one in the crowd said he looked like a little bird trying to fly.Then he went to the second cone to do push ups. He laid down on his tummy and lifted his head and neck off the floor and then back down. I held my breath as he ran to the third and final cone. He just stood there. Then the instructor told him that he had to dance so he got down on the floor and did the funniest break dance I have ever seen. All of the kids were so cute and good sports about everyone watching and laughing.
He also played dodge ball for the first time last night and did pretty good. He one of the last 5 every time. He told me later that he wanted to play that at home sometime with daddy and Karston on one team and he and I on the other. I told him it is more fun when there are lots of people, maybe our next party.
At the end of the night, the instructor asked questions and whichever of the buddies (non-karate students) answered correctly they would get a prize. I knew that Josiah would not even attempt to answer because he is so shy, so we did not expect to walk away with anything but a great experience. Then the very last question was for the Karate students to answer and they would win a T-shirt for their buddy. The question was What is the instructors name in Korean? Josiah's friend Tony got picked to answer and got it right. Josiah got a T-shirt. He was so excited. 
After it was all over we were getting ready to leave and I heard Josiah tell his friend, "You are my first best friend, my mom is my second."
After it was all over we were getting ready to leave and I heard Josiah tell his friend, "You are my first best friend, my mom is my second."



0 comments:
Post a Comment