Sunday, March 30

I'm not a witch, I'm your wife.





Recently Heath reposted a survey on Myspace asking all of our friends to answer questions about him to see who knows him really well. I love filling out surveys but felt that being his wife, it would be too easy to simply "answer the questions." So for a challenge I decided to answer every question with a quote from the movie The Princess Bride. If you have never seen this movie "Let me 'splain. [pause] No, there is too much. Let me sum up."This movie was a favorite among us and all of our friends when we were teenagers and now our children have seen it several times and can even quote it at times. Needless to say it just felt appropriate to use these quotes. Now I would like to share with you the survey with my answers......


My name: "Farmboy"





Summarize me in one sentence: "with eyes like the sea after a storm"



Where did we meet? [The Fireswamp] "Well, I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely."


Take a stab at my middle name: "What? Humperdink? Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink"


How long have you known me?"... it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge."


When is the last time that we saw each other?"The Pit of Despair! Don't even think... "[clears throat] "... don't even think about trying to escape."





Am I happy? "Fezzik, jog his memory."

Am I a good person?" I admit it, you are better than I am."

What was your first impression of upon meeting me/seeing me?"I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains."


What's one of my favorite things to do?"You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance.It's going to get you into trouble someday "

Who do I love more than my life? "Your princess is quite a winning creature. A trifle simple, perhaps. Her appeal is undeniable.I know, the people are quite taken with her."
Am I funny? "You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny!"





Have i ever made you smile..if so when? "You're alive. If you want I can fly."




What's my favorite type of music? "Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?"[as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik]

Am I honest? "You be careful.People in masks cannot be trusted"

Have you ever seen me cry?"You mock my pain.Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

Can I sing? "INCONCEIVABLE."

What is the best feature about me?"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"

Am I shy or outgoing? "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Do I lie? "Yes you're very smart. Shut up."

Would you call me preppy, average, sporty, punk, hippie, glam, nerdy, snobby, or something else (what)? "We are but poor, lost circus performers."




Have you ever hugged me? "As you wish"


Kissed me? "Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind."








Whats the best thing about me?"Get some rest.If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything"


What is my favorite food? "true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe."






Am I a good cook?" It's possible, Pig,"

If there was one good nickname for me, what would it be? "Have you ever considered piracy? You'd make a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts."

What's your favorite memory of me?"They're kissing again.Do we have to read the kissing parts?"


What is my worst habit? "You've been mostly-dead all day."

Do I like coffee? "No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours."

Do I believe in God? "With pride.What can I do for you?"

Have you ever had a dream about me?"It was ten days to the wedding. The King still lived, but Buttercup's nightmares were growing steadily worse."

Have you ever wanted to date me?"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."

If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing I would bring? "If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do."" I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you."








Whats my religion?"Please understand I hold you in the highest respect."

Am I family oriented? "joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords."

Who is my best friend? "That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.Probably he means no *harm*.He's really very short on *charm*.You have a great gift for rhyme.Yes, yes, some of the time.Enough of that.Fezzik, are there rocks ahead? If there are, we all be dead.No more rhyming now, I mean it.Anybody want a peanut? "






Will you repost this so I can take yours? "As I told you, it would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways inconceivable....Out of curiosity, why do you ask?"
THE END

1 comments:

angie said...

Funny! Sad that for most of those I can identify the line before or after and know exactly who said it.

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column