We have started Potty Training with Alyssa!
Alyssa is only 1yr old (will be 2 in April,) but has started to show signs that she is ready for potty training. Every time her diaper would be "wet" or "dirty" she would bring us a new diaper and the wipes and lay down at our feet expecting to be changed. She really knows how to get her point across these days. So we got her a potty chair over the weekend and decided to give it a try. I also took her to the store and let her pick out her own panties. In the aisle, I laid out all of the different panties with the different characters on them and let her decide which ones to pick.
Should have known that she would go with Mickey/Minnie Mouse. She pointed to Minnie Mouse's Shoes and said "Shews" and then picked them up and walked away. 
I then picked out a pack that I liked. I picked the Curious George ones because they have a ruffle around the waistband. I guess now I have to buy myself some ruffled panties (according to Heath children shouldn't dress any different than an adult would.) Anyway, the top pair in the picture below also matches her room with the color of stripes and the random pattern.
We first put on the ones that she picked out. There are three pair in the package so after I put one pair on her bottom, she wanted the next pair on her head and the third pair over the top of the first pair. Here is another case of picking your battles. She walked around for a little while this way, but I never got a picture. :(
After Heath got home he tried to help and be an active part in the potty training process. He took her to the potty and after a few moments I came to check on them. He told me, "I think we need to put a diaper on her, she is not doing anything but holding herself and crying." I tried to explain to "Mr. Patience," that she is not used to the feeling of just letting it come out into the potty instead of her diaper and it will take some getting used to for her. The next time that I took her to the potty,she made tinkles in it! Everyone ran to the bathroom and tried to celebrate, but poor baby girl was so confused about what had happened and didn't want to celebrate. I gave her a sticker (she loves stickers) and she seemed to like that.
Today has been a better day. No accidents so far and she is sitting longer. I figured out if I read to her she stays put and doesn't think about it so much. We have not had any pee pee in the potty today, but she is now running to the potty on her own and enjoying it more. All in all, I call that SUCCESS!



0 comments:
Post a Comment