I know the first day of Spring was officially a couple of weeks ago, but today was the first day of 2008 that has actually felt like Spring time. It was 60 degree weather (tomorrow is said to be 70 degrees) with not even a threat of rain. Beautiful!!! I had to get my camera out there. So here are the signs of Springtime.......
First of all, let me explain why on such a beautiful day Alyssa was wearing Snow boots. After her nap I was so excited to take her outside and watch her play. I got her dressed and started to look for her shoes. The girl has two pair of dress shoes, two pair of boots, and a pair of everyday casual shoes and for now, that is all that fits her. As the warm weather sticks around I am sure she will be getting a few more pair of shoes. Anyway, back to the explanation. We looked everywhere for those casual shoes. We looked upstairs, we looked downstairs, we looked in the van, we looked in a can (just kidding). Anyway, you get the point, we looked for a good 15 - 20 min. Finally I went downstairs and looked in the boys bedroom and there they were, right next to Karston's bed. Exasperated and excited I put her shoes on her and took her outside. I went into the garage to get her three wheeler and then turned around to see her covered in mud. She had gone straight to the only mud puddle in the whole yard and fallen face first. Her shoes were muddy, her legs were muddy, her pants were muddy, her shirt was muddy, her hands were muddy, but what she was most upset about was that the bread she had been eating was muddy. We went inside and got her cleaned up, but now her shoes were all wet. So I said, "ok. Lyssa, where are your boots?" She looked at me and said "Guys, night night." (Guys is what she calls the boys.) Why couldn't she tell me that the first time I was looking for shoes. Anyway, we found her boots (not in her brother's room this time) and since it was all she had left, that is what she wore outside for the rest of the day.
We ended the day with a bonfire to burn all the sticks that had fallen from the trees all winter and the leftover leaves from last fall. The neighbors came over and joined us around the fire for a little while. It was a nice ending to a wonderful day!
We now look forward to tomorrow. Some students from Loyola University, along with the Neurologist at children's hospital are conducting a research study on kids with Spina Bifida and how they interact socially. Karston has been chosen to be observed for this study. Tomorrow they will come and observe us as a family and then they come back in two weeks and observe Karston with a friend. Stay tuned for more on how this develops.





1 comments:
Glad the good weather is heading your way. Enjoy it.
Chris
Post a Comment