Friday, June 6

"The Best Day Ever!"

Today was the last day of school. While it is always sad to put another school year behind us and say goodbye, my boys handled it with dignity. They made it short, but sweet and then went full speed ahead to Summer time. The boys, and Alyssa, had so much fun at their feild day events, absorbing the day as it came to them. They played games like Chicken Relay, Four Corners, Line Soccer, Spray Bottle Tag, Parachute, an Obstacle Course, Tug of War, Capture the Flag, and more. It was a day full of energy and excitement. We did spend most of the day outside so we also got a day full of Sun (It was only the hottest day of 2008, so far.) I hate that I did not get any pictures, we were just having too much fun.










After school was out we were on our way home when I got to thinking. With no central air in our house we were going home to be hot and do housework. That did not sound like a good finish to a good day. So we put on our swimsuits and went to the Aquatic Center. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the Splash Park/Playground. It was awesome!






Alyssa did not like the water part, but she always loves the playground. She spent most of her time on the swings. She would swing for a while and then want out just to want the other swing. She would even say she wanted out, just to let me know that she wanted to be turned around and face the other direction. She had a swinging good time, on all the swings.









My sister Gees, (that is what Alyssa calls her) met us at the park for a little playtime as well. Alyssa was so tired (we forfieted all naps today for playtime.) At one point we noticed her climbing up to the slide (or her words "the Weee") and she seemed to be sleep walking. She loved it when Gees decided to swing with her and she just let herself relax.


This is what happened next...
Caution this video could cause motion sickness









I think we may have found our summer second home, I just need to work out the timing of naps vs. playtime a little better. Yay! Summer is here to stay!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have so enjoyed viewing your blog and I know you have linked to mine. I have been forced to make my blog private but wanted to offer you an ivite to view it. You can email me at stephanie@naturalilluminations.com

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column