Tuesday, June 17

A blog of a lighter note....

For the last few weeks Alyssa has been climbing out of her crib when she wakes up. When I went in to get her just the other morning this is what I found.
She is such a sneaky little thing. No telling how long she had slept under her bed that night. I have noticed that when she gets out of bed now, she plays in her room very quietly. I usually don't know that she has been up at all but then walk in to see what was a very clean room is now messy with every toy she could get her hands on. I have to wonder how much sleep she is actually getting. She might not be taking 4 hours naps anymore, but as long as she is quiet and happy there is no need to interrupt, right?









The other night Josiah and I were very hungry but there was not a lot of food in the house. I looked through a cookbook at some cookie recipes to see if we could find some easy cookies we could make together. I found a very simple recipe for Sugar Cookies and was so happy to find that we had all the ingredients we needed. So we made them together and had fun! They were NOT good cookies. There was not enough sugar or something. So the next day I made some cake icing and put it on the cookies.

I decided to make them look like my three children so the ones in the green shirts are of Karston.


The one in the Orange shirt is to look like Josiah.





The ones in the Purple shirt are of course Alyssa and this one seemed to capture her latest mood exact.

While they were fun for me to make and the kids really enjoyed eating them, I loved looking over at the table and seeing all my "babies" piled up on top of each other.

This is just one of life's simplest of moments that taste so sweet.

2 comments:

CaptnKman said...

I loved those cookies!

The Growing Goodsons said...

Love Alyssa's hair in the video. Sounds like you and Josiah had fun baking. Sorry they didn't taste very good, they look yummy.

Tarah

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column