Saturday, August 30

My brothers are my Guys...

I just had to share this story with you all.


The other day, Alyssa saw a picture of Gideon when he was in the hospital.

(not this particular picture but one similar of baby Gideon.)She pointed and said "Baby." I took the picture down so that we could get a closer look and I explained to her... "This is Gideon, he is Jericho's brother." Her response was "Baby Coco"(her name for Jericho right now.)
(Alyssa gives "Baby Coco" Kisses)


I told her "No, this is Jericho's brother, Gideon." She said "Baby in ba'tub?" I told her that "Baby Gideon" was not in the bathtub and that he is "Baby Jericho's brother." After repeating a few more times that "Baby Gideon is Baby Jericho's brother," She looked up at me and said "Baby Coco Guys?" I laughed a little and then said "Yes, Gideon is Baby Jericoh's Guys."(For those of you that don't know, Alyssa calls her own brothers "Guy" -Karston, and "Guys"- Josiah.)

I thought it was so great that she is putting the connection together that Brother means Guys and this little Guy belongs to Jericho.

Her cousin Mason is also a "Guy" to his sisters Shelby and Greta Grace.




Alyssa loves Mason




A sister's love - Shelby and Gigi




She has two other little baby boy cousins "eel-ya"(Eli)



and "Jew" (Jude due to arrive in November.) Both of them will be the oldest of their future siblings. One day they too will be a Guy.
Last April Jericho and her mom and dad were here and we all walked together in the March of Dimes - March for Babies walk (see my Sister-in-laws post). We all wore T-shirts with Gideons picture on them. Alyssa wanted to wear hers the other day, and kept pointing and telling everyone (Baby Giddy, Guy of Baby Coco.) It was really cute and I wish my camera were working so that I could get it on video.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Aw! I can't wait until Eli and Alyssa get to meet each other!

Dr Phil said...

Too sweet. We missed you guys but, had a great time with Baby Coco.

The Growing Goodsons said...

This is too cute! I love that brother's are "guys" she's so smart to put it together that Gideon is baby Coco's "guy" Can't wait to see you in november!

Tarah

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column