1. Never Discredit those that have gone before you- even your in-laws.
I apologize to Heath’s parents for all the times you tried to tell us that having three kids is hard, and we dismissed your wise comments. Don’t get me wrong, I love all three of my kids more than anything in this world and I would never, ever in a million years regret having them in my life. What I do regret is not listening to the people that tried to prepare me for a life constantly feeling as though there is not enough of me to go around. I thought before that I was no longer able to have time to myself when I had one child and then even more so with my second, but having three children has taken me to a whole new level of sacrifice than I ever expected it would.
With that said let me be the first to tell you that being a mom, and yes even a mom of 3 is the most rewarding, and satisfying and loving thing that I could have done in my life.
To all of the women out there with three or more children, let’s find a way to reach out and help each other through the hard times, celebrate with each other during the best of times and relax with each other during the times that we feel our husbands need some one on three (or more) daddy time.
To all of the women out there with less than three kids and are looking forward to the day of having more… find the women that have gone before you and glean from their wisdom and experiences (provided they are being honest with you.) While none of us can ever be fully prepared for having children (much less a house full) if we surround ourselves with women that have been where we are, then we will always have the encouragement and support that we need to keep us going.
A special thanks goes out to my mother in-law, Dallise and my sister Angie for all the times you have rescued my kids from their overtired, overstressed, and over stimulated parents. I will never be able to justly repay you.



5 comments:
I will most definitely be coming to you for advice when the time comes for us to expand our family. One child has been pretty difficult for me, so I know I have a lot to learn!
We're glad to "save" you guys from the kids or the kids from you guys. Well, almost anytime.
Love you guys,
D
I hear ya! My plan was to have baby #2 by the time Chase turns two. Plans change! I want them spaced further apart now that I have seen how hard it is for my friends. Thanks for the info. Blessings to you, Wendy
Whatever I can do to save the children... Cause I get to return them.
By the way, I had a dream last night about you being attacked and killed by turtles. Stay away from turtles.
Ohhh... I don't know, my three weren't so bad..... well maybe one was. Anyway I think Dads don't really realize what Moms go through and I applaud Heath for giving you relief from time to time. (Is that the way you spell applaud??)
I Love You,
Dad
Post a Comment