Saturday, July 18

THE Decision

-John Sumrall "is excited about the things I am learning about fighting cancer. My faith is high and God is opening doors." This was recently my dad's status update on Facebook. A very encouraging statement to say the least.

Just before my sister and I left my dad in Florida he was once again reminded of the devastating news his doctors had given him. What was that news? Well, Basically it was a Death Sentence plain and simple. Six months without Chemo or 2 Years of constant Chemo. The doctor gave him this outcome as if it were the only options and it was a huge blow, a shock, a depressing way of looking at things. Of course we all starting asking ourselves which option would we choose if it were our life hanging in the balance? Which option do we want for him to choose? Which option is the less selfish for us to want him to choose? I did not have these answers. All that I wanted was for my dad to make the choice that would make him the happiest. I did not want him to worry about what his family may be wanting him to do or even what would be easier for those that would be helping to take care of him through the hardest of times.

Upon reading the statement above on FB, I knew that he had made a decision and it seemed to be just what I wanted for him. A decision that he was happy with making. But that still did not let us know what decision it was that he had made. So I got on the phone. I finally spoke with him and found that he had made neither of these decisions.

He did decide Not to go with Chemo, but he also did NOT decide to just give up, not fight, and let the Cancer overtake him slowly. He will be fighting Cancer in a holistic, natural way, guided by a doctor. I don't completely understand what this means but I do know that there are many fruits and vegetables that have nutrients in them that fight the bad cells but not the good cells. The problem is that we tend to either cook the nutrients out or throw away the healthiest part of the fruits such as the seeds. The best way to get these nutrients is to juice the fruits and veggies and drink them. I'm sure that the doctor has some other ways of fighting these bad cells too so I look forward to my dad's journey as he FIGHTS hard and feels GOOD!

Please continue to pray for my dad and the whole family as we walk the road to Cancer Free with him.

Also I will be including many of the updates about dad on my other blog. My son and my dad are both my Chameleons with Special Needs.

0 comments:

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column