Ok. So it has now been over a month since I quit drinking Coke. I have to say I have not been as diligent as I had originally thought I would be. I set up a cheat day, so on Sundays only I am allowing myself to have one coke, BUT JUST ONE. At first I was sticking to this rule well, but every now and then I have substituted Sunday for another day in the week. I need to be more strict on myself. It is dangerous for a couple of reasons. 1. If I start making concessions, by replacing one day with another, that would just open me up for making excuses later. 2. If I have a cheat day on Sunday and then another cheat day on Thursday (or any other day before the next Sunday) then I am not really going a whole week without a Coke.
As for the exercises, I may have set my expectations too high and then swing to low expectations after the first time it got difficult. I had originally thought that I would be doing the Zumba on a daily (or even semi daily) basis. I knew that I had to take it slow and I was doing great for a while. I started out just learning the steps, which in and of itself is a workout. Then I moved on to doing the 20min workout. UHG! I got about 15min. in and could hardly breathe. I ran to the kitchen for water about the time my oldest son came home. He honestly thought I was having a heart attack and got very worried. So instead of just doing what I could, I backed off and went several days without doing the workout at all. While on vacation my mom wanted to try the workout with me. I had left the 20min. workout at home so we had to put in the 50min. workout. I had to quit before it was done. I just couldn't keep up. Then I was once again deterred from getting back at it the next day.
So, the conclusion is... I need more discipline! So I will get stronger, we live and we learn.




0 comments:
Post a Comment