Sunday, September 23

Here's the story...

I recently blogged about our "organic" garden in our own backyard. In that blog I posted a picture of what we thought was zuchini...
Turns out that last October our neighbor dumped her old pumpkins right at the fence line. So this year comes around and now we have pumpkins growing in the backyard. The neighbor said that her dog crushed or ate any that were growing in her yard. We are all waiting for this one to turn orange so that it can be harvested. Maybe this year we will dump our pumpkins too.
These are some trees at Almond Marsh. My sister and I have taken to calling them Dr. Suess trees. I used to drive past this marsh everyday on my way to and from work and always wished everytime that I had my camera. So tonight I decided it was time to get me some pictures.
It amazes me how beautiful God made this earth for us to enjoy. But what really amazes me is that when God looks at his creation He sees that we are the Best and most beautiful part of it. In Luke 12 it says... 6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies[a]? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

This is the newest of pets in our home. As Heath was cementing post into the ground for our new fence today, he came across this toad. Heath thought he may have accidently hurt the toad and so Karston became an immediate nurturer. He has taken the toad swimming in our little pool, he has tried to feed it crickets, leaves, grass and grapes, he also put it in an aquarium and fixed up a nice habitat for it. Tomorrow if the frog is still alive, I suppose we will have to give this little one a name.

1 comments:

The Growing Goodsons said...

How exciting that you have pumpkins growning we threw our in the back field. I'll have to see if anything is growing. If nothings growing I'm going to try to find a place where they might grow for next year.

I remember naming all the creatures we found and made pets (we couldn't have anything with fur b/c my sis had bad allergies) most of them were turtles and my parents still have them!

P.S. Love the pics!

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column