Benvolio, we will just call him Ben for short. According to Shakespeare, Benvolio was a close friend to...
Romeo. While our Romeo has not yet met Ben we would like for them to be friends with one another. We would also like to take some liberties here with Shakespeares story and also say that Ben will be a friend of...
Juliette. While it is fun to name our pets according to Shakespeare, I do not expect that we will be needing any more of these names. I thought that two pets was our limit, but since our toad requires very little care, he then is our third and FINAL pet.
From what I have read about Toads, Ben will be sleeping throughout the day and awake through the night. The boys are outside right now rounding up worms, and other grub for him to hunt in his "habitat." While Toads are essentially frogs, they do difer from frogs in some ways. Toads are fatter and bumpier. Frogs are slimmer and smooth. Toads also will thrive in a dry area whereas frogs need to be close to water. The bigger Toads are the females and when they lay eggs (in the Springtime) they lay many many eggs. We may have to move him/her outside during the spring. I don't plan on raising all of her/his many babies. We don't know if this one is a he or a she, but we do know it is rather large.
So for now, our Shakespearen pets are doing well in our Goodson home.
1 comments:
I guess Ben has made it to live another day. I'll just stick with petting the furry pets! Just not into frogs. Just ask Dal.
Post a Comment