Monday, October 1

A Highlight in my Day...

Every mom has had a day like mine was today. From the moment it started it was run, run, run, and "did I forgets" and "oh, no" and everything in between. We had to go downtown for Karston to be fitted for a new brace for his leg (his other one broke in half while he was running.)I also needed to do about a hundred things that just couldn't get done. My kids were good, but the day was rough, on all of us.

Then while we were at the orthotics place, the orthotist told me "Your kids are really great." Every mom needs to hear that once in a while. I took a moment out of my busy day and looked at my kids. They really are great. I am so proud to be their mom. On a busy, chaotic, day like today it was nice to hear that I had such great kids. Maybe we are doing something right in this thing called parenthood. So even though it may have been a day that seemed less productive than I would have liked. I realized that the love I shared with each of my children was more important than anything on my to do list. As I kissed them each goodnight, I made sure that they know I am very proud of them and how I love them so much.
Tomorrow is yet another day, and I will constantly be in awe of the wonderful kids that we call Karston, Josiah, and Alyssa.

P.S. Thank you sweetie, for taking the kids when we got home and letting me soak the day away in a hot candle lit bath.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do have the best Nephews and Neice in the world I love them to the moon and back again - seth

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column