Monday, January 14

These are a Few of Her Favorite Things...

Alyssa has had a great start to the New Year. She is discovering new things and her vocabulary is growing by the day. This is really good considering we have not heard any real words coming from her yet. I didn't say actual words until I was 3years old (yet nobody had a clue that I would be a slower learner than most?) so I did not expect for Alyssa to catch on for another 6mo. to a year. This is a good start.

A few new words she has started saying...

sh shoos (Shoes one of her favorite things)

petty (Pretty)

Ahofew (I love you)

O-me-o (Romeo)

et (Julliette)

No (she says it very sharp and short, almost like she has been offended)

mom or mah (mom for me and mah for her Moni)

popa (papa)

eeoow (eew, as in yucky)

babie (baby this one come out really clear and is mostly used when she sees pictures of her baby cousin Jericho)

She talks All day long but mostly to herself in nonwords. We now have to start working on those words like PLEASE and Thank you and I want to be by myself (instead of torcherous screeching screams)... that last one may take a bit longer.

Another one of her favorite things is dancing and singing. This video is her dancing with Josiah's monkey (from Dora the Explorer) but she will dance like this to any song even the ones that are just in her own head. She has some fancy footwork, so be watching out for that.

She has recently discovered praying at the dinner table and we now pray and thank God for our food AFTER EVERY BITE! This is a picture of her praying face. She is trying to close her eyes but still see everything that is going on. We call her "The Mad Prayer."

These are a few of the things that she has started doing just this month. We are excited to watch her grow and become a big girl. She has a very spunky, personality and this shows in everything she says and does.

0 comments:

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column