skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Today we had a major snow storm blow through. The kids were out of school, yet again. Even the bank closed up at about 3:00pm. today. When Heath got home we all went outside to clear the driveway. While we were out there I took a few pictures. Now here is my disclaimer... I accidently left my camera at someone else's house and because of the storm I am unable to go get it, so I had to use the back up camera. Look at the post below for more of an explanation on that.
We got about 10 inches today and it is still falling. The village of Grayslake has put out a notice that they will not be clearing any side roads, only the major roads tonight. This is due to a shortage of salt. I have heard reports that we could see up to 18 inches when it is all over.
Some of these pictures remind me of scences from the movie Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The trees have so much snow on them that it is causing them to sag. It is like one big white scene with a little bit of brown mixed in from the branches.
Anyway, we all had fun this afternoon. There is probably not going to be any school tomorrow, so we get another day to enjoy the storm.
0 comments:
Post a Comment