Last night Heath wanted to teach me a new card game he had recently learned. The game is
called "pay the man." It is played alot like Rummy but, the first round is started with only three cards in your hand and then each round after that increases by one card. Each time the number of cards in the hand correlates with the card that is the wild card. You play up to thirteen cards in the hand with the King being wild. Then you continue to play with each hand going back down to three. Anyway, needless to say it is a long, long game. The first time we played I came very close to winning. If I had played my cards in a different order on the last hand, I would have won, instead of losing by one point. Very Frustrating. I demanded a rematch and then heard my husband say to me... "When did you become so competitive?" We did play another game and ended up going to bed around 2:00am.
When did I become so competitive? Well, I think that is what happens when you marry a man that is competitive and then start having family game night with the kids. As a family we try to have family game night as often as we can. The kids all got board games for Christmas from our families. It has been so much fun to enteract in such a fun way. Our latest family game nights we played Trouble and Uno. It is a good time for us to all spend as a family and have some fun together. Karston is very
competitive. If he doesn't win, he says "I Never win." I don't know if that comes with his age or his personality. Josiah has a very different reaction. Josiah is usually the one that wins, but throughout the entire game he is saying "I hope that mom wins." Isn't he sweet? Even when I am in last place and there is no chance of me catching up (happens often) he is still rooting for me to win. If Daddy wins, everyone is upset, except for daddy. Karston is upset that he didn't win, Josiah is upset that mommy didn't win and I am upset that Dad won Again. Oh well, no matter who wins we all know that we had a fun night.
competitive. If he doesn't win, he says "I Never win." I don't know if that comes with his age or his personality. Josiah has a very different reaction. Josiah is usually the one that wins, but throughout the entire game he is saying "I hope that mom wins." Isn't he sweet? Even when I am in last place and there is no chance of me catching up (happens often) he is still rooting for me to win. If Daddy wins, everyone is upset, except for daddy. Karston is upset that he didn't win, Josiah is upset that mommy didn't win and I am upset that Dad won Again. Oh well, no matter who wins we all know that we had a fun night.



1 comments:
Fun! I love how everyone's personality comes out under the pressure of competition. Remember the time I hit you after you won at Tekken? Good times...
Post a Comment