Thursday, March 13

My (um, I mean) Karston's project








Karston had a project from school that he presented to his class today. They were assingned to dress up a paper doll from the country that they families heritage is from. At first we didn't know what to do, England, Ireland, Germany, American Indian and the list goes on. Karston decided that since Goodson is an English name we should do the project on England. So we dressed the paper "guy" up as a British Palace Guard. He then wrote a few sentences on some things that he learned about England.
Today he presented this Palace Guard to the class and read to them the few facts he had learned. He was also given the option of bringing in pictures and coins and even a food that is from that country. Considering many of us in the family had been there and his Aunt Angie used to live there we had many things for him to take to school and show his class.

We also brought in "Fish and Chips" or fish and fries. Funny story here. I tried to be authentic and fry the fries at home instead of baking them, but I got burned on the oil several times and then the kitchen started filling with smoke and the fries did not look yummy. So, I did the only thing I could do. I went to McDonalds and bought some fries and then put them in my own container to take to the school. They were a big hitEven Alyssa became part of the class.

It was a great presentation. I am so proud of Karston and how well he is doing in school.

2 comments:

angie said...

Yay! I'm glad it went well. Did he remember the million facts we told him last night? Probably didn't matter--there were fries, and that's likely all the kids will remember.

Dr Phil said...

Way to go Karston. Good save Mom!

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column