Wednesday, April 16

I had a dream....

Everyone I have ever known in my entire life was in this dream. Yes, you were there, and you and even you.

All of the people in the dream seemed at least ten years older than they are now, but the furniture and the clothing were out of the 70's. There was one long green couch on the back wall and a few dining room chairs placed randomly throughout the room. On the floor were so many bean bags and pillows that you could barely see the plush carpet. Everywhere I looked were people that I knew sitting and listening to the man in the center of the room.


This man I did not know, but there was something strangely familiar about him. He was standing behind one of the dining chairs and in that chair sat my DaddyKen (that is what we call my dad's dad.) The man standing seemed to be talking directly to me and everyone else seemed to be there just to back up his stories.
With his hand on my DaddyKen's shoulder I hear this strange man say "... And that is how your grandfather , DaddyKen, overthrew the President." Suddenly, everyone turned and looked at me as if to say "Don't you remember?"




Then I spoke up. "How is this because of me?" Everyone turned and looked back at this man with all the answers. He then started an explination. "It was late one night, when you and your friends decided to go..." As he spoke his voice drifted and I was suddenly in a dream sequence. Just like on T.V. when a character thinks back to a previous time in their life, the scenery got a very blurry around the edges and everything was in black and white. There was an antique car parked under a shade tree. Then me and three friends crept over to the car and got inside of it. We were all teenagers even though these three particular friends are people that I have actually known at three different times in my life. First I saw Amber Strong who I knew from my teeanage days. Then I saw Melissa Erickson whom I have known for only the past four years and finally I saw Rebecca Wilson. Rebecca was friends with my older sister and would babysit me and my younger sister when we were young.

As soon as I saw the four of us open the car doors and get in, I woke up. I tried so hard to go back to sleep and start back where I left off, but alas sleep would not come. I wanted to know so badly what I had done that caused my DaddyKen to overthrow the President. I also wanted to know why everyon in my life had joined together to help me remember this event. And just who was the strange man that was Narrating my life? I had questions upon my awakening that may never get answers. BUT then again since I am writing this all down and bringing it back to my memory, maybe part 2 is coming soon.

Well, that is what I thought several nights ago when I wrote all of this down on paper so that I wouldn't forget to tell you all about it. That night I had another dream. This time it was just our families. Heath's parents, brothers and their wives and children And my parents and my sisters, the men in thier lives, and my sister's children, had all come to my house. We were all glad to be here and hugging each other and laughing. Suddenly someone dressed in all black and wearing a mask. He came in swinging a baseball bat. Then there was the loudest BOOOM, I had ever heard. I woke up screaming my head off and Heath woke up and jumped on top of me. That scared me more so I screamed more and my screaming scared Heath so he started screaming. When I finally got the lamp turned on, we both saw that a shelf we had recently hung on the wall in our room had fallen along with everything on it. I was terrified. I woke up every hour after that in a panic. I still haven't slept an entire night since then. Maybe we should try sleeping with the light on, from now on. Needless to say this dream was just a nightmare and not anything to do with the previous dream. I'm sure that if there were a fly on the wall in my bedroom that night, it was laughing hysterically at the site of Heath jumping on me and the two of screaming in each other's face. I am just so glad that all the children sleep on a different level of the house than us. The last thing we would have needed is the entire family on my bed screaming.

5 comments:

Heath said...

Ok, so I'm sitting in my office and tears have come to my eyes b/c I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud as I remembered us hugging each other and screaming in terror the other night.

You funny

Dr Phil said...

Welcome to the family!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I just had to leave you a comment about this one. The first dream I find very interesting. I often write down my the dreams I have and then go back and read them later. The second scene your described I just couldn't help but laugh! It reminded me of the dream I had the first night Jacob and I stayed in our apartment when we moved here to Chicago! That could be a classical scene in a movie! =)
Thanks for the laughter. I needed it today.

Anonymous said...

That's really funny!! I would have liked to have seen the reaction live just to see Heath scream like a woman. :) Glad no one was hurt. Chris

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column