Ok. That is it! I can not let the basement get neglected any longer. I have been telling the boys to get that basement cleaned up for the last month. Problem is it has gotten sooo bad that cleaning it would be an overwhelming project. How can I expect two little boys to take on such a disaster without getting distracted?
So, enough is enough, I had to be the one to get the job done. I wish that I had a before picture to show you but then again, I would be way too embarrased to show you the picture if I did have one. I was embarrased everytime people would come to our house. My only defense was to tell people that the basement had become "Boys World" and that I never go down there anymore. Not a great excuse, I know.
Well, the day came. I had some frustrations that I couldn't do anything about so I decided to take them out on the bottomless pit of a basement. A little organization and picking up the trash goes a long way. After the boys got home from school, I had gotten it mostly clean so they helped me with the rest of it. When it was all clean I sent the boys out to play while I moved the furniture around and made it a place that the kids would want to keep clean. Below are the after pics.
The room is now sectioned into several sections. It will now be mostly a game room with some toys spurced throughout the room.
And a video game section. Complete with XBox, a racing game, a snowboarding game, one of those atari controlers with 21 games on it, and a VSmile.
It is very important that I show you these pictures because I can't be sure for how long the basement will be this clean. The kids would like to invite anyone that wants to to come to our house anytime and play games in the basement. Everyone is welcome.



2 comments:
I saw it in real life before and you it looks great. (I have to admit I'm glad you made it out alive! haha j/k) It really does look good though!
Tarah
Wow! Is that the same room? You've been busy... Looks great--very inviting.
Post a Comment