This past weekend was a whirlwind of God's blessings in our house. Here are some pictures of the free blessings that He sent our way.
a bin for the van to keep toys organized and the van cleaner ( Markers, crayons, colored pencils, and a pencil box included.)
an end table that had good bones. (Became the base for the door table top that matches the table top of the coffee table that Heath made.)
an exercise trampoline that has seen better days but still will be fun for the kids.
an outdoor swing for Alyssa (this is not it's final spot in the yard)
a nice big rug for Alyssa's room. We will probably be removing the carpet in her room really soon.
a Hammock to replace the one that Heath bought me for mother's day last year. (The critters in the garage got to our other one during the winter.)
several little things like toys for the boys, throw pillows, a lamp shade, and a duffel bag full of costumes.

A cushy chair that folds out to a cushy cot. (The boys are looking forward to sleeping on it.)

And this awesome and huge playset for the kids to play in our backyard. Alyssa is very excited to have two "Wee's" (slides) in our yard.
All of this stuff is from the trash pick up in Highland Park. Once a year the neighbors of Highland Park and Lake Forest put what they call trash (gently used items) on the side of the road for pick up. They put these things out a day or two in advance and people from all over come and get what they want before the "Trash" guys come and take the rest of it away. I went with Heath's mom for fun. I really didn't think I needed anything, so I wasn't really looking for myself. Turns out I needed all this stuff. It was great!
And finally, God gave us this car. Heath's '86 Nissan recently became undrivable and we are working on getting it sold to a junk yard. For more information on how we got this new van stay tuned to 2rules, 150 years.
God is good! I am constantly amazed at how he takes care of us. There really is no need for us to worry about what we don't have because he suffiecently supplies all of our needs. He even supplies many of our wants.
Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself. - Luke 12:31 and 32. (The Message translation)



3 comments:
I'm looking forward to seeing Alyssa's room. Free stuff is so fun!
God's timing on the van was so perfect.
That's awesome Charis! I am glad that you guys were blessed with all this stuff that you needed. God knows our every need, even before we ask, and he always provides right on time. Thanks for sharing God's goodness with us. The wee's look really great .... hope Alyssa has lot of fun on them.
I told Heath it appears God slaughtered some of those cattle on a thousands hill for yall
Seth
Post a Comment