Tuesday, June 24

You never know what they will say...


I have been taking lots of pictures and making lots of videos latley but I am not able to download them all just yet because our computer is down for a while. So for now I am using my sister's computer. So while I have many blog post just waiting to be written it will be a little while before I can make that happen. In the meantime, here are some old stories about my children that you must read.

Since these are old stories, I thought it appropriate to put an old picture here.




Karston age 4. - Returning home from Vacation in an airplane, Karston looks out the window and says... "Mom, we are so high up I can almost see God."


Karston age 4. - Karston was playing "his imaginary games" with Papa. Papa told him that he has quite an imagination. Karston ws very offended and said... "No I don't!" When Papa explained that imagination is a good thing he accepted that and was very proud of himself. A couple of days later in the car I was pretending something and Karston was saying that it was not true. When I told him that I was using my imagination, he was very suprised saying "Mom? You have one of those too?"


Josiah age 2. - On vacation Heath was with us for one week, but then went home while we stayed for an extra week. One morning, I woke up with Josiah in my face. He said "Mom, where That daddy?"


Karston age 4 - Karston was visiting Nanny in Alabama alone. It had been a couple of days since we had talked with each other. Nanny said, thinking he would be homesick, "Karston should we call mommy? She misses you and would probably like to hear from you." Karston replied "No, she will be ok."




Karston age 5 - It turned very cold in Chicago. We were getting ready to leave our home. I told Karston to change his shirt because he only had a T-shirt on. He said that was the one that he wanted to wear. I explained that it was too cold outside for Just a T-shirt. He then said that he wanted to be cold. I told him that if I let him go out and be cold then I would be a bad mom. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he thought for a moment. Karston asked me, "If you're a bad mom do you go to jail or Dr. Phil?" I told him probably both and his eyes got big and his eyebrows raised as he got up to go and get another shirt.



We were at lunch today and Josiah (age 5) started telling us that he wanted a football helment. I asked him if he was going to be a football player and he said yes. We asked him what position he might want to play? Heath asked him do you want to throw the ball, catch the ball, run with the ball, tackle the other players, or kick the ball? He thought about these options for a little while and then answered......"I want to be the one that doesn't play," lol. I told him that a guy that is all dressed up with helment and all to play football, but doesn't play is called a benchwarmer. He said "than I am a benchwarmer, cause I just want to watch the game." He is so funny.



This is a conversation that I overheard from my boys several weeks ago...
While Karston sat watching T.V., Josiah was playing off to the side in his own world. Suddenly all worlds came together and this coversation was a result...

Josiah- "Why won't my weenie go down?"
Karston- "It's sticking up isn't it?"
Josiah-"Yeah"
Karston-"Yeah, mine does that sometimes too. You just have to push it down for a while.
Josiah-"It's not going down."
Karston-"I know you have to push on it for hours or something."
Josiah-"Karston push on my weenie. Karston did push on Josiah's "weenie" It's still not going down."

It was all I could do to let them have this brotherly moment. I wanted to laugh and cut in with my own comments, but I am so glad that I didn't. Sometimes you just gotta go through things without mom's help, right?


I'm sorry that there isn't any Alyssa stories yet, but she is talking more and more and those stories will come. Sometimes it's nice just to remember how cute the boys can be.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are HILARIOUS! I'm being sure to write down funny things Ali says also because it's just such great memories!

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column