
The newest members of the Blogging world. Heath's parents, my parents in law, have now entered the wonderful world of blogging. Their new blog address is http://theynevertoldmethis.blogspot.com/ Check it out and let them know if you like what they have to say.
Heath and I will be celebrating 11 years of marriage in January 2009, but I have known his family for the last 20years. Heath's parents attended college at Liberty Bible College in Pensacola, Fl. This just happens to be the college that my grandfather, Ken Sumrall, founded and was the President of while they were in attendance there. So all of this to say our family has history that goes far beyond the day that I became one of them, A Goodson. I am very proud to be a part of this family and to have their last name. There is something very special about this
family (no, I'm not talking about that kind of special, although some of the Goodsons do qualify under that heading too.) There are many stories that I could share with you from my experience in this family, but it would be too hard to pick just one and way too long to share them all. We like to tease that when they moved to the Chicago area several years ago, that they were just "Following us up here." In all honesty, I have enjoyed having them nearby. I have enjoyed that my children live close to their grandparents and know them so well. I have enjoyed that we have the kind of relationship that is more than just parent/grown child, but also a friend relationship. I have enjoyed having free babysitters when we need them. I have enjoyed having family to turn to when hard times come and go, and I have enjoyed all of the many experiences between all of things. Don't get me wrong, there have been some times when we could use a little more distance, but I'm sure that they have felt the same about us, and don't let them tell you that they haven't.
family (no, I'm not talking about that kind of special, although some of the Goodsons do qualify under that heading too.) There are many stories that I could share with you from my experience in this family, but it would be too hard to pick just one and way too long to share them all. We like to tease that when they moved to the Chicago area several years ago, that they were just "Following us up here." In all honesty, I have enjoyed having them nearby. I have enjoyed that my children live close to their grandparents and know them so well. I have enjoyed that we have the kind of relationship that is more than just parent/grown child, but also a friend relationship. I have enjoyed having free babysitters when we need them. I have enjoyed having family to turn to when hard times come and go, and I have enjoyed all of the many experiences between all of things. Don't get me wrong, there have been some times when we could use a little more distance, but I'm sure that they have felt the same about us, and don't let them tell you that they haven't. I wish that my own parents lived close by and could enjoy all of these things as well. It gives me comfort having Heath's parents nearby to experience life as Midwesterners with us. It also gives me joy to know that they are now joining my world in cyberspace. So please help me welcome and encourage them as they share with us all of their knowledge and experiences of life.




3 comments:
Since you used this picture, we do not have to ask your permission for the stories we tell about you.
By the way, your blog does make me feel warm and fuzzy and "special."
I am looking forward to the stories they will share. I can't leave my comment on the blog though because of the way it is set up I guess. I understand what you mean about them being a special family and I agree with you.
Post a Comment