Monday, September 29

Sisters.

I don't normally blog about television shows that I watch and I don't normally watch this television show. But due to our faulty antennea we can only watch one channel clearly and that just happens to be abc. So last night I sat down to watch the season premier of Extreme Makeover home edition.

This particular episode was a story of sisters. These sisters grew up as best friends and did everything together. When they were older they started having thier own children together. The older sister had four children while her younger sister had ten children.

Let me just stop the story right here. From someone that is doing all I can with only three children, I can only imagine what these women go through on a daily basis, especially the woman with TEN children. Ok. back to the story.


When the younger sister had her tenth child, the doctors found out that she had terminal cancer. She was dying. The older sister then made a promise to take in the ten children along with her four and raise them. She promised that she would never let them be taken away and split up. For four years she did everything she could do to keep her promise, but now they were homeless and no one would rent or give housing to a single mom with 14 children. So of course, Extreme Makeover Home Edition came in and saved the day.


Just like anyone else that was watching the show last night, I cried and I cried. I thought about my own two sisters. I thought about how devastating it would be if something so tragic as a terminal illness were to take either of them from my life. I thought of my step sister and that even though we don't know each other well and have only become friends over the past few years, how I would be distraught to think of her not in our lives. I am so grateful that God has graced me with these wonderful sisters in my life.


So Julie, Angie and Lindsay, I LOVE YOU more than I could ever express to you. And to my two sister in laws Elisabeth and Tarah, I am so happy to call you family but even more to call you sisters.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Aw - I love you too Charis!

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column