When we go through difficult times in our lives it is so easy to get lost in the feelings of hopelessness and wonder why God had decided to abandon us in our time of need. God can and will speak to us during these times, but we don't always listen and we don't always hear what it is that He wants to say. We shut Him out and continue to feel like we are alone and barely surviving.
Each of us find His comfort in different ways. Last Sunday for example, I spent the church service in the nursery serving the toddlers. Heath tried so hard to tell me how he had heard from God during the service and I just couldn't relate to his passion. He even brought home a DVD video that was shown during the service, so that our family could be comforted together by our Loving God. I'm sure Heath was disappointed that none of us were as uplifted as he was.
Well, today was my turn. Now as I share my story I don't expect for you to feel the same comfort that I was feeling at that time, but I would ask that you open your hearts and minds to know that God is speaking. So today I took Heath to work since we only have the one car and I needed to do some shopping. I was looking for a specific store that was not where I thought that it should be when a song came on the radio. Now first of all, I was listening to a radio station that I rarely listen to and driving in a car that I rarely drive these days and was stuck looking for place that didn't exist on the road that I was driving up and down. I think that God was trying to get my attention. The song is by David Crowder Band (which I absolutely love!) The name of it is "You Never Let Go."
Thursday, October 30
God whispers in my ears...
When clouds veil sun
And disaster comes
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
When waters rise
And hope takes flight
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Ever faithful
Ever true
You I know
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go
When clouds brought rain
And disaster came
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
When waters rose
And hope had flown
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Overflows
Oh, what love
oh, what love
Oh, my soul
Fills hope
Perfect love
that never lets go
Oh, what love,
oh, what love
Oh, what love,
oh, what love
In joy and pain
In sun and rain
You're the same
Oh, You never let go
I sat at the red light with my eyes full of tears. With every "Oh, my soul" I could feel the Holy Spirit caressing my very being. I knew that God was speaking directly to me. There was such a sweet peace and such an intense feeling of not being alone. It had been a long time since I felt this feeling, but it came with a sense of familiarity about it and I knew that no matter what happens in the days to come He will NOT let go of me. Not only will he not let go, I know that He is surrounding me and encompassing me in his blanket of compassion and mercy. I don't have to get my brain around it anymore, because now my heart is completely enveloped in the warmth of his goodness and grace.
Please find a way to hear this song, I know that it is on You Tube. It just might change your life and/or at the very least surround you with a presence of The Most High, The Lover of our Souls.
Posted by Reese at 12:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
This reminds me of the Psalm that reads, "Deep cries out to deep...", the cry of the Holy Spirit to my soul and my soul's response. It also reminds me of what your "Daddy Ken" used to say, "Don't ever lose your Ohhhhooo, as in "Ohhhhooo, how I love Jesus," and from your song here, "Oh my soul."
LOVE this post! Thank you for sharing. THe Holy Spirit was right there with you bringing that comfort that you needed. I love it when He does that!
Post a Comment