Thursday, December 18

The end inspires the beginning...

Last night, I cried as I finished the last book in the Twilight Saga. Not because it has a very sad ending (Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't - I'm not telling.) I was mostly crying because it was the last book. I was addicted to the books, I'll admit, but I believe that I was more addicted to the writing. I have been mesmerized by the way that Stephanie Meyer draws the reader in and has them begging for more.

I have had many sleepless nights lately. I read until my eyes lost focus and forced me to take the time to sleep. While my eyes commanded me to come back to the real world and give my body what it needed, my brain was just unable to leave the world that these characters inhabit. (My dreams became vivid and a little crazy.)

I think that one reason I have been so mesmerized by the writing in these books is because of my own desire to be a writer. I don't expect to ever have a book that could compare to these books, I certainly don't expect them to be best sellers. I just want to learn and glean from the best.

I have some ideas that have been rolling around in my head for a long time now. I have even written one short, very short story. I don't know if I will ever have the confidence to let even family read what has already been written. I think I will just chalk it up to a learning experience, BUT I am inspired. I am inspired to try again and this time be more committed, more original, more creative, more descriptive, and to expect more out of myself than I have before. I am devoted to the ideas that I have and I am committed to taking my time and letting it take years to get it right, if necessary. So in a few years, some of you may be getting a rough draft manuscript in the mail. Don't worry, I wont make you all endure the stories of vampires, fantasy, and other science fiction, but I would ask that you all keep an open mind.

This email may be premature, considering my ideas are still rolling around in my head and have yet to hit the pages in written form, but I have been inspired and humbled and I am excited to be pursuing this avenue. Please be patient with me, but don't be afraid to ask how it's coming (a little motivation might be good.)

So I am now hitting the books.

0 comments:

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column