Yesterday my boys were playing and I overheard a conversation...
Karston was telling Josiah to hurry up so that he could have a turn at what Josiah was doing. Josiah told Karston to have some "Patience." Karston then complained, saying that Josiah didn't even know what the word patience means. Josiah insisted that he did know and so when it became an arguement, I stepped in. I told Karston that if he knows what the word "Patience" means then maybe he could share with all of us so that we know how to have "Patience."
Karston explained the word as this... "waiting, without complaining." I thought that was very right on and told Karston that Josiah was right he needed to have Patience in waiting for Josiah to get done.
Heath and I are always needing more patience. The world we live in has gotten so fast paced, if the computer doesn't respond within milliseconds of our command, then we need patience, if the DVR catches up to real time and our show is having a commercial break, then we need patience and if our kids are being slow as they walk from the car to the back door in -12 degree weather, then we need patience.
Even sweet little Alyssa can not escape the lessons in patience. Today she has insisted on watching a VHS tape instead of any of the other DVD's that I showed to her. When I put the VHS in the ancient VCR, the last person to watch did not rewind and the show was at the end. I stopped it and pushed the rewind button and Alyssa said "What doin' mommy?" I told her that she had to wait while the VCR rewinds the video. She immediately whined and it was evident that she needed "Patience."
Instant Gratification has become a way of life, but sometimes we must slow down and be Patient for the things we desire. Remember that God is Patient too.
Tuesday, January 13
Patience...
Posted by Reese at 11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ooh good word. And timely. I was reintroduced to the world of traffic today, and found that I need to be reintroduced to the concept of patience too.
Good post babe
Good post. And I'm jealous, your vcr works. Try a 2 yr. old with a patience problem and doesn't understand why daddy can't just "fix" the vcr. (Did you know they basically quit making vcrs? Now you have to buy a combo... grr.) But when I'm having trouble being patient with Kaylee, I stop take a deep breath, thank god for the opportunity to have a toddler and learn more patience... then think of anyone I know who needs to learn patience and wonder if they want to take her for a hour or two to speed up their process of learning. :D
Post a Comment