Last March I told you about our frustration with the puppy love in our house. Well, it has happened again and it seems that each time is a little different and a little more intense. Last March, I told you how we had made Juliette wear a diaper, this time she would NOT have it. She kicked and twisted and pulled at the pull up with her teeth until in just a few short minutes it was off. I could see that this would be useless to fight with her. So for the past week, we have tried really hard to keep her in her bed (which is in our room.) She did falter a few times, but she seemed to find one blanket in the house she really liked and I let her either be on that blanket or in her bed. We compromised with each other and got through the week.
Now comes the hard part. Until now, Romeo has been drawn to Juliette while she was in heat, but was either too dumb or too immature to figure out why he was drawn to her. It seems that our innocent little puppies have grown up and matured and now know the ways of the world. As soon as we caught it trying to happen the first time we immediatley seperated them, thinking that would solve it. We put Romeo in his carrier and Juliette again on her bed. Juliette has loved this idea. All she wants to do is sleep! Being a woman can be exhausting. Romeo has been our real problem.
You should see this dog when I try to put him outside. All he has to do is go to the top of the stairs and then out the door. It is like he can see nothing else, but Juliette's scent. He makes a bee line for the bedroom and then scratches at the door to get in. Meanwhile, Juliette is on the other side growling the meanest growl I have ever heard from her. I have to pick Romeo up and carry him out and not let go until he is in the fence. BIG BABY. I think the worst part is listening to Romeo cry all day long. From downstairs you can hear him all over the house with his loud, painful moans and cries. It is sad, pathetic and DESPERATE.
I sure hope that our kids dating lives are not this difficult.
Wednesday, January 14
Not Desperado, Not Despereaux, JUST DESPERATE!
Posted by Reese at 11:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I've listened to Romeo cry all night... put him out of his misery... snip, snip...
Oh, I like your blog. Great stories. If you only had audio to go with all those stories, it would be like a life's lessons book on tape. We have good days and utter chaos days; both are neck in neck in who's gonna win. Good luck. : )
(a comment from Stephanie Bingham Pletka copied from facebook)
Not to worry everyone, We have plans for Juliette to be spayed as soon as she recovers from the FEVER!
Thanks for all your concerns and comments here and on facebook.
Post a Comment