We all have our own Pit of Despair, we all have something that seems torturous, we all have something that seems like the worst thing possible in our lives, we all have something that we would rather not face...
... for me it is Chicago, IL in the winter of '09. SOOO C-O-L-D!
For the last few days it has been anywhere from -10 to -20 degrees here. The wind chill has been -35! That is like freezing on top of freezing. Or for me torture upon torture. I know that many of my readers have never left the South and are not aware of what the below zero temperatures are like. The first winter that we lived here Heath's parents had come to visit. It was 3degrees below zero and my Father in Law, needed to know what THAT felt like. He went outside with out his jacket and at first thought that it was just cold. Then the wind started to blow and he felt what 3 degrees below zero felt like! Now he lives here too and I would venture to say we both would rather not know what any degree below zero feels like. Am I right Philip?
So, if there is anyone out there, in these hard economic times, that would like to rescue my family of five from "The Pit of Despair," then just let me know and I will be sure to give you the address where you can send the plane tickets to Florida!



3 comments:
Right. Nothing about it feels good. Khane and Elisabeth, with newest grandson, Jude, are coming up here from Lakeland FL in February. I am so glad to get to see them, but I have one question; WHY FEBRUARY??
Ha, I love the comment about readers from the south. We actually go as far as to discourage guest speakers from the south coming to the church between November and March... they just can't take it. :D Most aren't fond of the mid-40's of October either, hee hee.
The cool thing is that tomorrow, we'll be crawling out of the pit of despair...with some snow. I'll take it. :-)
Post a Comment