Thursday, February 5

Stuck!

In an effort to avoid lugging back and forth the heavy toddler seat from our car to whomever may give Alyssa and I a ride now and then, we have been known to use the boys old booster seat. The only problem with this seat is that the seat belt does not come across Alyssa's body so she has figured out a way to wiggle around and get out of it. She loves to look out the back window no matter how dangerous it may be.

Yesterday was one of those days that I had to use the booster seat. I was taking her to the doctor and knew that it was a long enough drive that she would get restless, so I resigned myself to keep a close eye on her. I pulled the seat belt tight around her after fastening her in. Not even five minutes into the ride, she started to fuss and said "Mommy, I stuck!" I immediately thought oh no, she has gotten out of the seat belt and is now in the floor board or something. I looked into the back seat to find her still strapped in and tugging on the seat belt around her waist. Relieved, I told her that she was supposed to be "stuck" and that I would help her when we got to the doctor's office.

Lately, I have had some feelings of uneasy restlessness inside of me. Maybe it is the cold weather keeping us inside and maybe it is just the way that I tend to be. No matter what it is, I have felt the need to squirm. I want to get away on vacation, I want to see my family in Florida more than usual, I want to have some kind of final say on our house situation, I want to have a car so that I can have the option of going somewhere, anywhere.

In thinking of my daughter's words "Mommy, I stuck," I thought 'yep, so am I.' But then I realized that being "stuck" is what was keeping her safe. So I have decided to strap on my figurative seat belt and remain "Stuck" until we get where God is taking us.

4 comments:

angie said...

Nice. Cool how God speaks to us in unique ways and in a variety of situations. I learn a lot about God and myself from the ways of a two year old. hmmm...

Heath said...

Good analogy and lesson, love you babe

Anonymous said...

I think you have a handle on all of that. Not having a car is tough if you are used to it. ALso, being all couped up because of the weather is tough too. Spring is on the way soon. Hopefully, you will feel very unstuck soon.

The Growing Goodsons said...

I'm feeling the same way right now! Great analogy.

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column