Here or There
It doesn't matter where
We will always be sisters...
In your new place
You will exhibit Grace
We will always be sisters...
No longer living on our upstairs floor
You will need to lock all your windows and screens
We will always be sisters.
Angie is the real poet in the family... check out her blog at Far From Home
Even when we lived an ocean apart, my sister and I were always close, but for the past few months we have been closer than we have been in fourteen years. We have lived in the same house again after all that time, and we didn't even have to share a room. Now she has a great opportunity in a new aprtment and she is moving away. Thankfully she will only be afew villages away (15 -20 min.)
While it was nice for me to have my sister around, I think my children will be most affected by this change. They have come to see her as more than just a fun Aunt, but also as a big sister.
Angie,
We send you off with our love, our support, and our reminder that you said the kid's are welcome to spend the night once a month. We will miss you here, so expect more phone calls, and more facebook messages to come your way.
Love,
Your Goodson family,
and Your sister,
Reesie and Family



2 comments:
I can so relate. Kaylee has asked for Uncle Nick quite a bit and he only moved to KC on Friday. I do envy the 15-20 minutes you have as opposed to the 6 hours I have. *sigh*
Awww... I feel so loved. I will miss being so close too. Thank you guys for welcoming me in and for always making me feel like you wanted me here even though you had to make sacrifices to accomodate me. That's family. I'm excited about the kids staying over--I won't forget. I look forward to our lunches too. (Karston is helping me edit this as I make typos, and we're singing "We Are Family"-- aww... I'm gonna miss this.) Ok, Karston says this is REALLY LONG, so, I'm done. Thanks for the poem. Nice rhyming. Love you!
Post a Comment