Directly in the center, with the green shirt on, is our Josiah.
Yes he very well could be the only kid not doing the motions,
but at least he is singing. He is singing, right?
I know I thought he was getting into the song and singing loud at first too.
Alas it was just a yawn.
Please forgive the shakiness, it is hard to video with a two year old climbing on you.
I think Alyssa may have been more vocal than the featured artist (Josiah.)
This is why I titled this post "UP STAGE."
While Josiah was the one Up on Stage, front and center,
And all eyes were intended to be on him...
I don't really think he minds that his little sister upstaged his "performance."
She's got some good moves but I don't think break dancing is her thing.
Maybe Ballroom dancing?
Will we one day be seeing my daughter on Dancing with the Stars?
We may have come to see the 1st and 2nd graders sing,
But the 2 and 3 year olds dancing was so entertaining.
(Don't worry I shot the videos of Alyssa dancing while the 2nd graders were singing, so I did not miss any of Josiah's part of the concert. )
AFTER THE CONCERT...
We got the chance to walk around the school and see some of Josiah's artwork. This is where he shines a bit more...
First we saw his Quilt square.He chose a material with a red background and white stars
He stamped blue circles all around the edge
Then put a self portrait in the center (He was floating in space.)
Maybe one day when I put my first quilt together he will let me use his square as the center piece.
They pinched the clay into the shape of a pot,
Painted it,
And the teacher put it in a Kiln.
He is very proud of this one.
All in all, it was a night for the Arts that was quite the success.




2 comments:
Yay-- I could actually see Josiah in the video. The two boys in front were hilarious. I think there was another boy behind Josiah in the blue shirt who didn't sign either... I don't even think he sang. That yawn was a bit tricky. ... thought he got inspired for a minute. It was a good night. Glad I could tag along.
Now, that was a big night! I so look forward to those moments with Chase.
By the way, it has gone back to being chilly this week. So we just had a flirt with spring. :-)
I left you something at my blog!
Post a Comment