Sunday, June 14

Isaiah 41:10...


This verse spoke to me this morning at the Hospital chapel...
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.- NIV (New International Version)

10'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' -New American Standard version

10 I've picked you. I haven't dropped you.'Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God.I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. - The Message version

10Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.- The Amplified version

10Don't be afraid. I am with you.
Don't tremble with fear.
I am your God.
I will make you strong,
as I protect you with my arm
and give you victories. - Contemporary English Version


It has been said about me that I am sappy and sentimental. Very true. I like cheesy love songs. I like sappy romance movies. I melt when I hear about a husband adoring his wife. I am Sappy and Sentimental like that. Since I am such an emotional thinker, reading scripture can also become very heartfelt and God tends to lead me directly to the words that he wants for me to hear from HIM.

When it was time for my dad to be bathed this morning I stepped away and found the hospital chapel. The prayer cards in the Chapel had the verse Isaiah 41:10 written on them and my heart and mind immediatley felt soothed. I then found Bible Gateway online and looked up all the many translations of what God had directed me to see from HIM. The few that I listed above are the ones that I felt drew me in the most.

I like how it goes beyond saying "Don't fear" and also says "Don't panic" or be "Anxious." Those were all things I had been feeling before getting here and I thought that when I got here that the relief I felt over being here had calmed the "Fear" but when I read these versions of this verse over and over it was like putting ointment on a sore spot.

It was also encouraging to read in the amplified version "I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you." I once again felt that God does KNOW what we are all going through here and IS with us even in the most difficult of times.


Thank you Jesus for being everything that you tell us You are.

2 comments:

Dr Phil said...

Thinking about you guys today and praying for your Dad tomorrow for surgery. Tell all we said hello.

G Ching said...

Thanks Charis for posting this, I needed to be reminded of this. Peace, Gerry

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column