So let me tell you a story about my sister and I...
One year we decided to fill each other's stockings. When it came time to open the stockings she had filled mine with all sorts of trinkets she had picked up here and there (like barrets from the bottom of the ball pit at McDonalds.) It may have been grosse and filled with germs and disease, but it was very thoughtful. I on the other hand MIGHT have put a candy cane in her stocking, otherwise it was empty. I told her I couldn't find anything else to put in it and needless to say she felt as though I had not fullfilled my sisterly obligation. I did hear about this again over the years and knew that it had affected her. This year I decided to make it up to her. So collected quarters for weeks, and then went to every bubble gum ball machine I could find in the area and collected trinkets and toys for her.
She loved it! By the time she had gotten them all out she had a ring on every finger, a couple of gold necklaces, complete with the money symbol, a mustache, an alien, and a few other toys. It was so fun!
This year for Christmas each of the kids got one really big gift. Alyssa opened hers to quick for video but she got a large foam Ariel for the bath complete with foam jewelry and a mirror. She loved it and insisted on taking a bath right then. Since then I have caught her in the bathroom looking at her Ariel and telling her just how much she loves her.
Karston on the other hand is the exact opposite of his brother. He shows so much excitement that you think he might be putting it on. But there is no doubt that he is genuinely excited in this video. His big gift is something he has been asking us to get for him for a really long time. It is really basic, but that doesn't matter to him. He has been trying so hard to be responsible and take care of it and I am really proud of him.



1 comments:
I love Karsten's reaction!
I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment