boat for an hour. I knew going into this that I would be most of the work, but the boys worked really hard as well. We raced other paddle boaters out to the middle of the lake and won (only because the other boaters didn't know we were racing them.) The boys switched back and forth on the peddles and even little Alyssa tried to help but couldn't reach the peddles very well. Pretty soon they were all saying that they 
were hungry and it was time to get the boat back to the docks. Uh Oh, there was a problem. The winds were really strong and when we turned the boat around the wind was pushing us back, so we had to double paddle just to get back. When we were walking away from the docks I asked the kids if they had fun and Josiah said "Yes, because I am still alive!" I guess he was more scared than I thought when it became hard to get back.
So next we gathered our food and blanket (from the car) and headed out to find a nice shady area. It was a hot hot day and we were all in need of nourishment. Josiah
found the nice shady tree and Karston found a great spot underneath it to spread the blanket. We enjoyed a nice spread of fruit, PBandJ, salads, cheese, fig neutons, juice boxes and bottled waters and for dessert cosmic brownies. I was surprised at how much we all ate, but it was so nice to just sit on a blanket with my babies and spend some quality time with them. Once they started climbing the tree, I realized it was time to move on to the next part of the day.

playground so many times before, but it never gets old. All three of them have so much fun.

Did I have fun you ask? Well as a matter of fact, I did for a little while. I spread the blanket back out and got out my book to work on. This fun on a blanket in
the sun didn't last very long. It was so hot and even though I had my water, it was too much for me to handle.
the day laying on the couch applying aloe over and over.
We had a great time on our Surprise Wednesday and we are all looking forward to what next Wednesday might bring. Any Suggestions?



1 comments:
The Botanic Garden! If you come into the city, the Garfield Conservatory. It's hard to top that surprise you guys had already! :-)
Post a Comment