Did you know my dad? If you did, I know you must have loved him. He was the kind of man that everyone loved. It has been amazing to me to hear so many different stories and hear so many different people tell me just exactly how they loved My Dad. He was just one man, but he was so
much to so many. Most people called him friend, but they also knew him as "The bass player," or "a fellow Alabama football fan," a "Grump" (grandfather,) an uncle, a brother, a brother in law, a son, a father, a stepfather, a father in law, a husband, a friendly ex-husband, a teacher, a student, a jokester, a leader, a sound man, and so many more. To me he was simply "Daddy."Dad was not a perfect man and he wasn't even always a perfect dad. I know that he never
stopped loving me. Several years ago my dad and my sisters and I found a way to forgive each other for any hurts we all may have caused. Our relationships became stronger and Dad knew that we also never stopped loving him. When my sisters Julie, Angie, Lindsay and I were all together to mourn, remember and celebrate dad's life we once again built a stronger bond together.
I miss my daddy so much! There is a dad size hole in my heart that only memories can fill now.
I have many memories with my dad that are special to me. I have decided that the best way to share with you the John (Daddy) that I knew was to tell you my memories in the form of many postings. I'll start by telling you about a game.
When my sisters and I were little we used to play this game with Dad. He would always get excited and say "Hey Guess What?" We we would then return the excitement with "What dad?" His answer was always "I love you!" I was never disappointed to hear that as his answer. As we got older we would turn the game around on him. Even as an adult I loved to try and surprise him with the "Guess What" game. Now I try this game with my own kids and hope that when they are older, they too will just know that I am really saying so much more than "I Love You."



1 comments:
I once again want to let you know how sorry I am for your HUGE loss. I have prayed for you many times this last month. You said it perfectly by saying that you have a Dad shaped hole in your heart. No one can replace our Daddies. Love you!
Post a Comment