Thursday, June 22

Rollercoaster of emotions

This past week has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. My brother-in-law got married over the weekend. We have known each other since he was 5yrs old and we are very close, so to me he is more than a "brother-in-law." I like his wife, she is going to be a good addition to our family. I cried a lot during the wedding.

Upon leaving my in-laws and driving 7hrs to visit my family, I get a phone call from my mom. My grandmother passed away in her sleep that night. She and I were very close to each other. When I was a little girl I would go and spend many many summers at my grandmother's house. My grandfather and I would have pancake races (He ate 2 to my 10.) I always helped her with her roses and when it was "Martini time," I got to have a sprite with an olive in it. I am going to miss her alot. I was so looking forward to showing her my baby girl. She had never seen Alyssa, and I kept telling everyone this is my chance to go and see her and for her to see us one more time. I knew that she was getting close to the end but I thought we had at least one more year with her. My mom gave to me last night a book that I had given my grandmother several years ago. It is one of those that every page has a question and she fills in her memories for me to look at later. I am so glad that she filled out the pages in that book, I will always treasure it. The funeral will be on Friday and I know that I will be a basket case. Please be praying for me and my family over the next few days.

0 comments:

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column