Thursday, November 20

Josiah lost his first tooth!

He literally lost his first tooth. Ok. so it has been loose for weeks and weeks and I was afraid that he was going to loose it while eating and accidentally swallow it. This is his first loose tooth experience and I wanted it to be a good one. So one night I told him I wanted to look at it closer and I pulled it out. He cried because it bled but then was very excited about the tooth fairy coming. We talked about putting it under his pillow and how much money the tooth fairy might bring. Then he asked if he could have one more day so that he could take it to school and show his friends. Again, I wanted this to be a fun experience for him since this is the first tooth, so I said that I thought the tooth fairy would understand. I put it in a ziploc bag and told him not to open it, but to just show it through the bag. He came home that afternoon very upset because he had LOST HIS TOOTH in his desk at school.
That was almost a week ago. So my question to you is this... How understanding is the tooth fairy? Do we just count this one as gone or do I go to the school, clean out his desk and find it just so that I, um I mean, the tooth fairy can give him money? If he brings it home after the holidays, does the tooth fairy still come? How do I explain to him that she just knows when it is under the pillow and when it is not? Or is this a lesson learned that when we are careless with our things we suffer the consequences?
I just can't believe he really LOST his tooth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell him to put an "IOU a tooth" note under his pillow because the Tooth Fairy is so wonderful she wouldn't want him to not be rewarded!!!

He'll have plenty of time to learn a lesson about carelessness. My vote is, GRACE be extended.

Course I am the Grandma
Moni

angie said...

Um, I'm pretty sure the tooth fairy is a dude.

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column