Sunday, March 20

Are the monkeys coming out?

So the other day my daughter came running inside saying "Mom, there are spiders on the house outside. Why?" I explained that the weather is getting warmer and so all of the Spring and Summer time animals are starting to come out and play. Then she asked "Are the monkeys coming out too?"

I don't know about the actual monkey animals, but I have been seeing our monkey children on the street more often. The other day I walked down to the lake to find my son high up in a tree, on a branch that stretches out over the lake. I did tell him that was going too far and he needed to come back, BUT our kids are so ready for Summer that they are climbing trees, riding bikes, playing in sand, fishing, taking walks together and just loving being outside.



We have very few teens on our street, most of them are preteen and younger. One of the teens that all the other kids loved to be around last Summer has nicknamed them: The Little Kid Mafia. When the weather is warm and sunny I love to leave my front door open and listen to TLKM play in my front yard together. We have a special group of kids here on Burton Street.

Of course we don't live in a bubble where our kids never fight and argue, but they mostly love to have fun together and that is what is important. So  now that the monkeys are out, it is time to start planning some fun outdoor activities to bring the adults out too!

2 comments:

angie said...

LIKE :)

Pitimbu Click said...

sou brasileiro e gostei muito do seu blog.. faz uma visita no meu. pitimbupbnoticias.blogspot.com

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column