Tuesday, March 29

Finding our Happy Place

In April, I am getting my wisdom teeth out, Karston will have tons of physical test to go through, we are expecting news (good or bad) and scheduling surgery for Karston whether on his spine or his foot or both. I think I'm gonna need a "Happy Place" pretty soon.

As we drove down a familiar road in town, there was construction going on everywhere. The field that had previously been a part of the former fair grounds was completely turned inside out. I wondered out loud what they might be building there and my 8yr old got very excited. He asked me "Is it gonna be a hot tub?" I looked at him funny and he decided to rephrase his question... "I mean an indoor hot tub?" He seriously had no idea why I was laughing. Well, I guess we know where his happy place is at.

One of my friends posted this picture on Facebook recently and called it her "Happy Place."

I can see how anyone would be happy here. Can't you just see yourself lying in the hammock? Can you feel the warmth of the sun gently kissing your skin? Can you hear the sound of the waves washing in and out over the beach? Can you taste the salt in the air? Can you smell the exotic fruits in the palm trees above you? Yes, all five senses are happy in this place.

When I think about being in a Happy Place, I think about being with my family: My loving husband and three adorable children.
Well, my kids were much younger when these pictures were taken, but they show the happiness that I feel when we are all in our Happy Place.

Another Happy Place is watching a beautiful Sunset and marveling at the beauty of God's creation.
Sunsets always say to me that God loves me so much that there are no words to describe it so he paints the love across the sky for everyone to see.

All of these combined... warmth, scenery that affects all the senses, family (immediate and extended) and friends, and gorgeous colors spread across the sky...
Yes that is a Happy Place to be.


Yes, I love all the Happy Places, but honestly I am Happy here...
On Burton Street.











So Where is Your Happy Place?

4 comments:

angie said...

i love this! beautifully written. makes me feel nostalgic (and ready for summer).

Reese said...

Even though it annoys you....one of my happiest places is falling asleep while we are talking, snuggling in bed at night. It's one of my most comfortable and safe places in the world and the comfort of listening to your voice is so soothing I fall asleep.

Heath said...

Uhhhhh. That was from me. Not u.

blog said...

The Microsoft Office 2010 main alteration of Statement This year should be to enhance the function accustomed to produce professional-quality records.The newest Ms powerpoint The year of 2010 versus former more plenty Microsoft Office 2010 Key of so you might make energetic delivering presentations in addition to present to the audience.Fresh Excel2010 able to use alternative ideas than in the past to analyze, manage and promote facts to Office 2010 help you help to make additional advised choices. Office 2010 Key

Peeks at Reese (since 5/31)

Heaven 3 column